The full product performance requirements for the EnviroSeal Mark are detailed in the EGTS Standard 1502. Requirements for all products are the same, unless specified otherwise.
Principal requirements for all products
- The product as used shall not be toxic to aquatic life.
- All surfactants used in the product must be easily biodegradable, both under aerobic and anaerobic conditions.
- The undiluted product shall not be toxic to humans.
- The undiluted product shall not be corrosive to skin or cause serious eye damage
- Substances with the EU Risk phrases – carcinogens, mutagens or reproductive toxins, sensitising substances, skin or asthma allergies, environmentally hazardous substances – high aquatic toxicity or ozone depleting chemicals – shall not be included in the product.
The following substances shall not be included in the product, either as part of the formulation or as part of any mixture included in the formulation:
- Alkyl phenol ethoxylates (APEOs)
- Nitromusks and polycyclic musks of any sort
- Sodium hydroxyl methyl glycinate
- Heavy metals including lead, hexavalent chromium or selenium either as elements or compounds.
EDTA and salts shall be substituted in the formulation where possible with alternatives that have lower impact upon the environment.
The product shall not contain any substances to be found on the most up to date list of Substances of Very High Concern regulated under REACH.
There are additional requirements for fragrances, packaging and labelling
Full details are in EGTS:1502
Should the product fail any part of the evaluation, you will be invited to reformulate and resubmit the formulation.
EnviroSeal accreditation applies to the chemical formulation; multiple product names can therefore be covered by the same evaluation. All product names need to be certified by ENCO before using the EnviroSeal Mark.