EnviroSeal evaluation and certification is available for all products used to maintain or enhance textile floor coverings and furnishing fabrics.
The environmental evaluation of these products is based on internationally used standards and protocols. They are detailed in Enco Standard EGTS:1502, Environmental Standard for Cleaning & Maintenance Formulations for Textile Floor Coverings.
Please see the right hand side of the page to download the standards.
All types of product intended for the cleaning, maintenance or enhancement of textile floor coverings and furnishing fabrics are included in the programme:
- Carpet cleaning chemicals including
- pre-spotters and traffic lane cleaners;
- cleaning agent additives;
- shampoos, bonnet cleaning and spray extraction detergents;
- crystallising/ encapsulating cleaning agents;
- impregnated compound (‘dry extraction’ cleaner) formulations;
- 3-in-1 machine detergents and in-plant detergents;
- Spot and stain removal products
- Soil retardant and stain resist finishes
- Pile rinsing and neutralising agents, deodorizers, antistatic and insect resist agents.
Cleaning chemicals must meet the WoolSafe or CleanSeal performance and safety requirements before they can be considered for the EnviroSeal Certification Mark.
If the product to be submitted is formulated for wool(rich) carpets and NOT WoolSafe Approved yet – click here for WoolSafe testing and certification.
If the product to be submitted is formulated for synthetic carpets and NOT CleanSeal Approved yet – click here for CleanSeal testing and certification.
All products are evaluated for:
- Toxicity (to aquatic life, humans);
- Corrosiveness to human skin and eyes;
- Banned substances;
- Damage to tropospheric ozone layer;
- Contribution to indoor air quality;
- Type of packaging;
- Appropriate labelling (instructions for use, safety, disposal, etc.)
- Proof of efficacy is required
All approved products are subject to annual re-evaluation to ensure they continue to meet the EnviroSeal requirements and that any changes introduced when products are re-formulated are not detrimental to the environmental properties of the product.
At this stage fewer evaluations are carried out than at first submission, so the charge is significantly lower.
This regular, independent control ensures the consistent quality of all certified products and underlines the value of the EnviroSeal Mark.